Freight rates can and do change from week to week. Just like the stock market and real estate, freight rates vary according to supply an demand. In 2008, more trucks left the industry than any other year in history. More trucking companies have gone out of business in previous years, but never before have several huge companies gone down like in 2008. Although freight volumes are down now, this smaller number of available trucks is very likely to be an important factor later in the year when freight volumes pick up, which most experts agree should happen in the second quarter of 2009 (next month). Read more »
Free Shipping Rate Quote: As Seen on A&E’s Shipping Wars
- Algae Fuel Could be Huge: The Future of Biofuels?
- Is the Economy Changing the Face of Trucking?
- US Bureau of Transportations Statistics Not Doing their Job!
- Free Freight Rate Quote: Any Size, Any Destination Freight Shipping
- Freight Transportation Services Index (TSI) Rose 0.2% in Oct